Development Studies Association (DSA)
The Development Studies Association (DSA) is the UK association for all those who research, teach and study global development issues.
The Development Studies Association promotes and advances international development as a field of study, research and action. It aims to deepen understanding of how global poverty, inequalities, conflict and environmental destruction are produced, sustained and may be overcome, and how a better future may be advanced.
The DSA is a membership organisation, with both individual and institutional members, and is wholly funded through its membership premiums and activities.
The DSA aims to:
- advance understanding of international development
- share information on development research and teaching
- encourage more equitable North-South and interdisciplinary exchange and cooperation
The DSA does this through:
- an annual conference
- promoting study groups and workshops
- offering funding and prizes
- supporting students and Early Career Researcher (ECR) networking and events
- sharing news through a website, newsletter and social media
- providing an open access directory of members
- representing the UK development studies community within other organisations, such as the Research Excellence Framework (REF), Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF), Academy of Social Sciences (AcSS), European Association of Development, Research and Training Institutes (EADI)
- holding meetings for development studies centres to discuss issues facing the sector
No, this infrastructure does not provide funding.
On the map
This infrastructure is not shown on our map.
Not all infrastructures have physical locations to show on the map.
For example, many roving or virtual groups do not have stable addresses.