Nineteenth Century Research Centre
The Nineteenth Century Research Centre is an interdisciplinary research centre at Edge Hill University focussing on long-nineteenth century studies. The Centre offers:
- Nationally and internationally excellent research in 19th Century topics
- Specialisms include digital humanities and print culture, masculinity and gender studies, children’s literature and humour, and neo-Victorianism.
- A visiting speaker series featuring leading names and emerging researchers in Romantic and Victorian studies.
- Collaborative opportunities with museums, galleries and cultural heritage partners across the North West and UK.
- International conferences including hosting British Association of Romantic Studies/North American Society for the Study of Romanticism 2021: New Romanticisms, ‘Substance Use and Abuse in the Long Nineteenth Century’ and an annual ‘Romanticisms’ conference.
- A diverse and innovative teaching portfolio in nineteenth-century subjects at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
No, this infrastructure does not provide funding.
On the map
Edge Hill University
St Helens Rd