Institute for the Study of European Laws (ISEL)
The Institute for the Study of European Laws (ISEL) provides an expert insight into the latest EU law developments and is proud to house a team of internationally renowned researchers and doctoral researchers.
ISEL researchers are the authors of leading research and they actively contribute to excellent scholarship, practice, Government and professional activities by making high-level contributions as to the legal, political and economic development of the EU and the relationship of the UK with the EU.
ISEL researchers also teach across a range of programmes at The City Law School’s undergraduate, postgraduate and professional practice programmes.
ISEL's aims are:
- To shape cutting-edge research in European law
- To convene an engaging public events programme to debate European law and policy
- To provide expert analysis for practitioners and policy-makers across Europe
- To develop the next generation of researchers in European law through research led teaching and PhD supervision
ISEL experts specialise in:
- Area of Freedom, Security and Justice (AFSJ)
- EU competition law and policy
- EU constitutional and administrative law
- EU external relations
- EU global governance
- EU internal market law
- EU migration law
- EU trade and investment law
- EU-US transatlantic relations
- European health law
- European human rights law
- Media and intellectual property law
- Union citizenship.
ISEL scholars are interested in interdisciplinary collaborations and welcome opportunities for co-operation with experts in the academy and in practice. ISEL's Visiting Fellows Scheme will be re-opening in 2020, further details will be announced in due course.
No, this infrastructure does not provide funding.
10 Northampton Square
On the map
City, University of London