Institute of Digital Futures (IDF)
The Institute of Digital Futures (IDF) pulls together expertise from across the three academic colleges at Brunel to deliver on the “Digital” Strategic Challenge Area of Brunel Research Strategy 2030 while putting user communities at the heart of the development processes thereby enhancing the global citizen’s quality of life.
The principal aims of the IDF are:
- Creation of an inclusive “Digital” research environment across the University.
- Alignment with the UK’s Industrial Strategy and UKRI priorities on “AI and Big Data” and “Future of Mobility”.
- Alignment with existing strengths and opportunities within the “Digital” sphere at Brunel.
- Highly regarded recognition by industry and the public sector.
- Alignment with the Brunel 2030 Research Strategy enhancing the University-wide challenge-led approach and success.
Aligned with two of the Grand Challenges of the UK’s Industrial Strategy and industrial partners’ innovation strategies, IDF builds on existing strengths and opportunities to support and facilitate challenge-led Digital research activities across Brunel to further strengthen the existing 'Brunel Digital' brand which has a growing external recognition, and consolidate the University’s reputation for digital science and technology innovation and advancement, and its societal impacts.
The current Priority Challenges of the IDF are:
- Innovative Data Technologies
- Media Connectivity and Internet of Things
- AI, Robotics and Autonomous Systems
- Modelling, simulation and digital twins
- Digital health technologies, platforms and applications
- Smart Technologies and Quality Engineering
- Advanced and Ethical AI practices
No, this infrastructure does not provide funding.
On the map
Brunel University, Uxbridge and London
The Centre for AI: Social and Digital Innovation draws upon Brunel’s experts from multiple disciplines – engineering, health, business, ethics, humanities, law, computer science, sustainability, l… read more about Centre for AI: Social and Digital Innovation
The objective of the Centre is to research into intelligent digital economy and society using AI, data analytics, 6G, media, human-machine interaction, digital games, augmented and virtual reality, di… read more about Intelligent Digital Economy and Society (IDEAS) Centre