Virtual and Augmented Reality Research Group
The Virtual and Augmented Reality Research Group is based in the School of the Arts at York St John University.
The Group’s primary aim is to build frameworks for advanced collaboration, both within and outside its academic setting.
The group proposes new avenues for exploration and application in this emerging field and is fully engaged with other related emerging technologies.
Through ongoing research, the group analyses historical shifts in technology to help define current trends and predict new approaches for contemporary applications. It explores the ways virtual and augmented reality might impact on different sectors in the global market, and acts as a catalyst to develop collaborative projects within the local, national, and international design community (as well as engaging partners in other more distinct fields).
The aims of such partnerships and collaborations are to:
- Further knowledge and promote future activity in this area
- Exchange good practice in emerging fields
- Explore research funding opportunities and income generation
- Identify knowledge transfer partnerships.
Within the University the group aims to:
- Be a forum for research discussion in this, and related, areas
- Act as a catalysis for cross-school activities, action research, and shared methodologies
- Proactively generate further research activities
- Engage students/ graduates with active research and professional projects
- Explore widening participation opportunities for research impact.
Both virtual reality and augmented reality can apply across many sectors from creative industries (games, graphics, film, television, literature), medical, education, construction, business and more, depending on the cross over and line of inquiry.
No, this infrastructure does not provide funding.
Lord Mayors Walk
On the map
York St John University
Lord Mayor's Walk