Centre for East Asian Studies (CEAS)
The Centre was founded in Bangor in 2014 and has the central focus of bringing East Asian and North Wales together. This centre is active in the exchange between Wales and East Asia in the fields of culture, language and literature and beyond.
The Centre's activities focus on building initiatives that help create and develop a stimulating and exciting intellectual environment for staff, students at both Undergraduate and Postgraduate level and any members of the pubic who are interested in the study of East Asia.
The Centre for has a series of clear aims and objectives:
- Promote internationalisation across the university with a particular focus on East Asia.
- Support and provide language and cultural learning in an academic context.
- Encourage Bangor students to learn about and develop an interest in East Asia and to take part in the summer schools, year abroad opportunities and exchange programmes that Bangor offers in this area.
- Engage the wider university with the Confucius Institute as part of an academic programme.
- Support home students going aboard to Asia as well as being pivotal in the engagement with the East Asian academic market.
- Become a site of collaborative research across disciplines.
- Support and promote staff research publications and impact activities as related to East Asia.
- Collaborative Grant Applications.
- Support and development of PhD students.
The Centre welcomes all interested members who work with, or have an interested in, any aspect of East Asia.
No, this infrastructure does not provide funding.
On the map