Language, Policy and Planning Research Unit (LPPRU)
The Language, Policy and Planning Research Unit (LPPRU) formalises the long-established research interest within the School of Welsh in the fields of language policy analysis, development of new methodologies and behavioural studies.
The Unit aims to be at the leading edge in national and international language-planning developments. Particular emphasis is placed on understanding the social, economic and environmental implications of language over both time and space. The Unit's work ranges in geographic scale from the local to the global whilst the full spectrum of quantitative and qualitative research techniques is deployed.
The LPPRU is an interdisciplinary unit that:
- undertakes research on language policy and planning issues
- supervises and teaches at MA, MPhil and PhD level
- fosters university-wide networks and outreach work within the international policy community
LPPRU's research is organised around six themes:
- the Welsh language
- language politics, activism and conflict resolution
- language rights and status
- language policy, governance and the State
- linguistic diversity and multiculturalism
- behaviour change.
No, this infrastructure does not provide funding.
On the map