Forum for Research into Equality and Diversity
The Forum for Research into Equality and Diversity (‘FRED’) focuses on and specialises in research and knowledge transfer activities in the area of diversity and equality in the workplace and within higher education.
The Forum provides a ‘brand’ and identity both for the School of Law and the University of Chester in the field of diversity and equality. The Forum’s objectives include:
- Research applications
- The offering of Continuing Professional Development opportunities externally and to members of the School of Law and across the University
- The continuation of an annual equality and diversity conference within the School of Law
- Interdisciplinary and inter-faculty research linking legal and policy perspectives in projects which explore key equality issues in the workplace and higher education
- Applied research which will bring together academics and practitioners in an evidence-based approach to the development of best practice in managing equality and diversity within the workplace and within higher education
- Fostering policy and research relationships with key stakeholders including policy makers, trade unions, employers, professional bodies and other academic institutions
- Facilitating debate and discussion through publications, conferences, workshops and seminars.
No, this infrastructure does not provide funding.
On the map
University of Chester