Human Rights Implementation Centre
The Human Rights Implementation Centre (HRIC) was established in 2009, within the Law School of the University of Bristol, to enhance the implementation of human rights worldwide through research, education and discussion. The HRIC’s work therefore encompasses a range of complementary activities, including:
- conducting internationally recognised research aimed at enhancing implementation of human rights;
- providing expert advice on the implementation of human rights directly to treaty bodies, governments, national human rights institutions and non-governmental organisations;
- providing training on human rights law to practitioners including government officials, and representatives from national human rights institutions and non-governmental and civil society organisations;
- developing tools that can be used to facilitate implementation;
- assisting in the development of standards and documents that help interpret human rights law obligations;
- offering advice on human rights litigation at the national and regional levels;
- providing opportunities for students to gain experience in human rights law, including through pro-bono legal research assistance under the Human Rights Law Clinic.
No, this infrastructure does not provide funding.
7 Berkeley Square
On the map
University of Bristol