Forum for Czech and Slovak Studies
The Forum for Czech and Slovak Studies in the UK is a research network which brings together arts, humanities and social sciences researchers working on Czech- and/or Slovak-related matters in the UK. The Forum is affiliated as a study group to the British Association for Slavonic and East European Studies (BASEES) and is run by a small steering group of researchers from Bristol, Cardiff, Glasgow, Oxford, Sheffield, Southampton and UCL. The steering group members represent a variety of disciplines.
The Forum's aims are:
- to act as a key hub of support and coordination for those working on Czech or Slovak studies in the UK, from graduate students to established scholars.
- to assist in connecting researchers, whether for quick enquiries or longer-term collaboration, and provide information for those beginning study of the region, planning research trips, or seeking language training or support.
- to provide details about UK centres of Czech and/or Slovak studies in the UK, about current research projects, funding opportunities and counterpart networks.
- to act as a point of contact for those involved in the wider support and promotion of Czech- and Slovak-related activities and events.
- to develop and foster interaction with individual researchers, research groups and institutions in the Czech and Slovak Republics.
- to develop and foster relationships with comparable research networks elsewhere in Europe, North America and beyond.
No, this infrastructure does not provide funding.
Queens Road, Clifton
On the map
University of Bristol
BASEES is the UK national learned society for the study of Russia, Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union. The main activity of the association is the annual conference, held normally in Cambridge… read more about British Association for Slavonic and East European Studies (BASEES)
University Of East Anglia
Norwich Research Park