Sport, Wellbeing, Inclusion, Faith Research Centre (SWIFT)
The SWIFT Research Centre aims to achieve valuable outcomes for young people by drawing on contemporary ideas and research to develop innovate thinking and action in sport, wellbeing, inclusion and faith.
The aims of the SWIFT Research Centre is to:
- Produce research that supports the development of knowledge and applications in the areas of:
- The knowledge landscape and applied initiatives relating to life skills, developmental assets, character strengths and virtues for young people
- Teacher and coach awareness and experiences of holistic development of young people
- Education resources and programmes in life skills, character strengths and virtues for physical education teachers and coaches
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of interventions and applications in life skills, character and virtues with young people and with teachers and coaches
- Work with local, national and international communities and organisations to support young peoples’ life skills through informed programmes
- Train and support sports coaches to support the embedding of life skills, character and virtues into youth community coaching (thus extending the existing work by JP2F4S)
No, this infrastructure does not provide funding.
On the map
St Mary's University, Twickenham