Edinburgh Jewish Studies Network
Edinburgh Jewish Studies is a network of research scholars active at the University of Edinburgh. Members also have a wider circle of associates from across the central belt of Scotland.
The network is based on the following shared values:
- inter- and multi-disciplinarity.
- a focus on the study of Jewish cultures and literatures in a range of contexts.
- a focus on the study of Jews and representations of Jews in and through encounters with other aspects of culture and society.
These values are reflected in the events associated with the network, and they are core aspects of the projects of its members.
The network activities include academic seminars and lectures, workshops, and public engagement. Members engage in research projects and teaching activities related to the network’s values.
The Network’s aims include
- nurturing of interdisciplinary scholarship across the broad field of Jewish Studies.
- contributing to the future of Jewish Studies in the UK in close relation to leading national subject associations.
- growing the reputation of the University of Edinburgh as a key international hub for research, teaching, and outreach relating to Jewish history, cultures, literatures, and religion.
Edinburgh Jewish Studies Network is supported by an Astaire Jewish Studies Network Award.
No, this infrastructure does not provide funding.
On the map
University of Edinburgh