International Research Centre for the History and Culture of Nanzhao and Dali Kingdoms
The International Research Centre aims to promote academic research into the history and culture of the Nanzhao and Dali Kingdoms (dating from 653-937CE and 937-1253CE respectively), located largely in today’s Yunnan province in southwest China.
The Research Centre:
- develops understanding of the Buddhist material from the Nanzhao and Dali Kingdoms which is scattered in collections around the world
- enhances academic research, as well as the preservation of existing collections
- advances international academic communication and cooperation
- develops the training of young professionals
The Research Centre has three founding partners:
- Northumbria University
- Yunnan Provincial Museum
- The Woon Brothers Foundation, Singapore. In the future, the Centre will look forward to welcoming other organisations, institutions and foundations to join the centre to support the academic research of Nanzhao-Dali culture and art.
Northumbria University also has important works from the Nanzhao and Dali Kingdoms from the Woon Brothers Foundation Collection on display in the Woon Gallery of Asian Art.
No, this infrastructure does not provide funding.
On the map
110-114 Middlesex St