Construction, Technology, Process and Management Research Group
The Construction, Technology, Process and Management research group engages internationally leading academics and researchers to examine contemporary and emerging industry challenges. Emphasis is placed on delivering conjoined evidence-based solutions – from theoretical concepts and methodologies, through to the delivery of innovative approaches to improve sector performance.
Core expertise covers four interdisciplinary research themes: Construction, Technology, Process and Management. These interrelated themes directly align to industry challenges at micro, meso and macro levels – ranging from small scale solutions and regional challenges, through to global strategic issues affecting sector performance.
Exemplar projects and expertise include:
- Offsite manufacturing, BIM and digital construction
- Procurement, process, governance and innovation trajectories
- Improvement and change initiatives, environmental sustainability, modelling and scenario development
- Economics and value management
- Risk management and disaster management
- Materials (smart skins, self-healing concrete, fibre-metal laminates) and renewable energy (thermal storage, heat exchangers, advanced combined heat and power systems).
Group members are leading several pioneering initiatives through a wide range of networks, including the group's joint venture company BIM Academy Enterprises Ltd joint with Ryder Architecture.
No, this infrastructure does not provide funding.
On the map
110-114 Middlesex St
Through consultation and deep understanding of advanced technologies and processes, BIM Academy transforms businesses and their projects to accelerate output and strengthen growth. BIM brings a new p… read more about BIM Academy Ltd
Edgemere Terminals Ltd
14-18 Westgate Road
Newcastle upon Tyne